Re-post: Reversed lens macros of a DANDELION

chris82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shutterbugs.myfreeforum.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
No 1,4,7 and 8 are my favorites,This is excellent!I hope you are going to try some more shots like this?Its interesting to see such a common weed made to look so good.Corrina would you do me a favour and explain to me how to do the reversed lens photography?

chris82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shutterbugs.myfreeforum.org
Photos NOT OK to edit
It works,Thanks.guess I know what ill be doing for the next few weeks.Thanks again for sharing the tip lafoto.Would you belive that while trying this trick I just realised that my kit lens does infact have manual focus,I have had this lens for just under a year and never new it could focus manually.Thats the whole reason I bought the 55-200mm lens,just so I could manual focus.Im going to have a try with the kit lens for a while now.total ameture lol.

SpaceNut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Excellent series! Thanks for "digging them up" & sharing with us. I going to try close-ups this Spring & Summer.

fightheheathens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I really like the 1st one. The composition just does it for me.

as to the focusing, i had a reversing ring and its hard as heck to get that focus, you dont realize how much you move when you are trying to hold still until you try this.
as a side note, if you have an old style lens with the aperature ring, you can stop down and increase DOF...but you have to have even MORE light:thumbup:

AlexL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
All of these pictures rock! Very nice and skilled!

OP
LaFoto

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thanks again, folks, even after all these years! (It seems like I was much more adventurous with regards to my photography four years ago, when the camera was still relatively new and I was four years younger [!]).

Most reactions

New Topics