Ready for the cold

robertc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A couple of pictures of my little girl wearing her pink favorite scarf. I wanted these to be worthy of printing, and I'm trying to learn so any C&C is appreciated. We just had our first snow (it was really ice), and I was keeping her from her sled, so she didn't give me much time :05.18-flustered:

IMG_9495-Edit-2.jpg
IMG_9500-Edit-2.jpg

Looks like you were using a telephoto lens about 250mm focal length. There are slight blurred in both images. These could be a hand shake. Increase the shutter speed a little higher about over 1/250 second, and increase the dof a little bit.

Last edited:
Thanks. I hadn't intended to shoot at 250mm, I was surprised to see that when I looked at the pictures afterwards. In my rush to get the pictures before she ran off I obviously zoomed all the way out without even thinking about it. The dof is a little less than I would have liked due to that. I used an umbrella for some fill light, so my shutter speed was limited to 1/200.

I like the first one, it's nice...but...

her expression is forced, it's not the honest moment you caught, it's posing to dad.
her cap is to close to her eyes causing the shade (not enough light in the eyes)

she's cute, she has those adorable little freckles... let her have fun, and try to shoot some candid moments in the snow ...kids are tough for photographing.

anyway...jmo

I like the first one, it's nice...but...

her expression is forced, it's not the honest moment you caught, it's posing to dad.
her cap is to close to her eyes causing the shade (not enough light in the eyes)

she's cute, she has those adorable little freckles... let her have fun, and try to shoot some candid moments in the snow ...kids are tough for photographing.

anyway...jmo
Thank you @mmaria

#1 is a cool photo IMO, perhaps it could be sharper but it looks good to me

Most reactions

New Topics

Back