Real Estate pic

mike3767

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Like I mentioned earlier, I started taking real estate photos and here is my problem. The darn windows are blown out. This was taken around 10:00 am and the back of the house faces west so there was no direct sunlight. How the heck can I get it to where it's not blown out. I've seen many real estate photos where there are homes in the background that you can clearly see. Please help
IMG_5129.jpg

The windows blew out to properly expose the room your were photographing. So in theory you need more light in the room to equal out the exposure and then you might be able to see your neighbors.;)

or, take multiple exposures varying the exposure in each and combine using software....HDR.

Agree with the HDR comment. If you can't set up lights each time use software and make it an HDR image. It's pretty easy with say, Photoshop.

Maybe shoot this at a different time of day to reduce the amount of light coming in?

Also, this may be off topic, but what are good lenses to shoot rooms for real estate?
I assume multiple lenses are needed, but how wide does your wide angle lens need to be to get a decent shot of small rooms?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back