Real Newbie!

slinkymike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, im certain that there will be lots of crit on my pics as i have never owned a camera before and these are my first few shots with my new digital.

i have always noticed photographs i like but never had the means to capture my own so now i am trying really to emulate pictures i have seen that i liked or that moved me in some way.
i am not yet at the stage of having my own style.
please feel free to tear me apart (but give as much advice as possible too!) because i want to get better each time i release that shutter.

i dont crop them or anything cos i dont have any software and i wouldnt know what im doing! so these are straight out the camera.

here are two that i like:

yfvo2s.jpg

yfvo2f.jpg

aaargh! ..what did i do wrong?
why wont the pics show?
im using fotopic.net to host?

Do fotopic allow hotlinking? There's a list on here somewhere of good picture storage sites that will let you hotlink, I tend to use photobucket. But I'm no expert!

Anyway, I had a look at the photographs (just copied and pasted the url) and they're lovely. You've captured a great moment with the first one. Looks like a really fun play time!

I love that these are monotone too, seems to remind me of the pictures of days gone by. Nice work!

mad_malteaser said:
Anyway, I had a look at the photographs (just copied and pasted the url) and they're lovely. You've captured a great moment with the first one. Looks like a really fun play time!

I love that these are monotone too, seems to remind me of the pictures of days gone by. Nice work!

Agreed and welcome to the forum! I like these a lot. Keep 'em coming!

Most reactions

Back