limr

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
moderndinosaur.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I saw this on Facebook - the claim is that it is one of the first photographs taken of a cat, dated 1870-80.

Anyone else thinks this is faked?

37673829_637459793304188_629980438563127296_n.jpg

it's on the internet, must be real

Oh, I think it's a real cat.

I found a post on Google+ from 2014, and the dates are 1880-1890.

Last edited:
It must be real - cats stopped wearing amulets about 1885 and they haven't come back into fashion since. Besides, there's a small tear in the upper left border and that can only happen if it's real.

'Course, it could be a clever fake using a cat actor.

It must be real - cats stopped wearing amulets about 1885 and they haven't come back into fashion since. Besides, there's a small tear in the upper left border and that can only happen if it's real.

'Course, it could be a clever fake using a cat actor.

What's up with what looks like bad cloning by the tail, then? And also at the table edge on the other side of the cat? And a rip can be faked -check out all the filters that are supposed to emulate film that adds all kinds of defects onto a digital file.

I have found nothing on the net to suggest that it is faked, but there is also definitely something off about it that puts it into question.

It could also be an authentic photo that was digitally "restored" by a hack.

Definitely been edited, not sure if the edits were at the time the photo was supposedly done or not, but it does look more like a bad Photoshop job. Then again I have seen real pictures that look wrong and would swear have been edited but know they weren't.

If this were an episode of CSI they would zoom in on the eye, use their super special software and see the reflection of the photographer and see what kind of camera he was using. :biglaugh:

If this were an episode of CSI they would zoom in on the eye, use their super special software and see the reflection of the photographer and see what kind of camera he was using. :biglaugh:

Nikon D3200 was used to take the shot.

Most reactions

Back