Really bad quality photos as I used a 2x converter

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As some people on this forum are always saying how bad teleconverters are, I keep reading posts saying "lots of distortion, lack of contrast and really bag image quality" I thought I'd post a thread full of really bad quality shots taken with my Canon 2x extender

CLICK IMAGE FOR REALLY BAD QUALITY SHOTS SUFFERING FROM DISTORTION, LACK OF CONTRAST AND JUST BAD QUALITY.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm fed up with reading posts saying tele-converter are nothing but a waste of money. Rant over.

1. Marsh Frog (this one is very bad as I not only used a 2x extender but also a 12mm extension tube, naughty naughty me)

2. Red Squirrel

3. Fox

4. Fox

5. Fox

6. Otter

7. Otter

Can we diss on the 1.4x converter still? Just kidding :)

Actually I'm glad to see these nice shots as I have been considering try one one, thanks.

Regards,
Peter Witham

LP I think I've run out of words to describe how awed I am by your photos.

Well, I guess I'm going against the weight of opinion, but I think the pics are lovely!! (Poo on the naysayers)

Edit: oh, and I agree with Hoppy.

My 2x converter is pretty cool and doesn't mangle up images I hope to trade it in for a pretty white canon one in the not to distant future though :lol:

jeez finally someone speaks up for extension tubes and tele-converters!

yeah there are bad tele's out there . . . just like there are bad lenses.
that doesn't mean there aren't good ones though.

extension tubes. . . whats the argument people give for lost quality on that?

oh oh and i almost forgot . . . 1,2,4 are my faves. good job!

you can clearly see these were all taken with a TC. The quality is bad, lack of contrast etc etc....humbug :er:
I wish i had money, i would buy it all in an instant.
All of the pics are great..........again :thumbup: :D

Great work salvaging those awful photos. He He LOL With a good matched tele and the right lens, there is no issue with quality. I think a lot of the bad rap is most shooters don't use a rigid enough tripod when focal lengths get long. That and the slower shutter speed due to the loss of 2 stops just takes a little thought to get past. The results are obviously worth it. Again, good job, great pix. Really impressed by the frog and fox pix. ( a fox is so darn hard to get close to )

Most reactions

Back