Really Excited!

PhotoFrenzie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got my first DSLR today. I got a Canon T3i with the kit lens and a 50mm 1.4 which im most excited about. Cant wait to post some pictures and learn. Im excited to be part of a commuity of people that all share a big interest in photography. Also any comments on my first camera purchase would be great. I think I bought some good stuff...

Congratulations! New gear is always good and a new DSLR (especially your first one) is about as good as it gets. I'm a Nikonian, but by all accounts the T3i is a pretty darn good piece of gear. I think you'll enjoy the heck out of it. One comment about the 50mm; just because it opens to 1.4 does NOT mean you have to shoot it at 1.4 all the time. If you're not already familiar with them, go here and review the depth-of-field tables for that lens on your camera to get an idea of just how challenging it can be.

Mazel Tov! You'll really enjoy it...there's so much to learn and discover. The T3i is a very fine camera!! I almost went Canon T2i but I have very small hands so the Nikon D3100 fit them better in my particular case.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back