Really fast clicking sound on d7100 when using autofocus.

ranchcutter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The D7100 I have makes a really fast clicking sound when using autofocus. It does it on the two Nikkor lenses I have, but not on the Sigma. It doesn't matter if you are using the shutter release button for focusing or have the camera setup to use the AE/AFlock button set up as AF On and use back focus. It also doesn't matter how the autofocus is set, i.e., AF-A, AF-S, AF-C, matrix, spot, or how many focus points. Is this clicking sound normal? It's rather distracting.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Do you have VR lenses? I've used a VR lens once, I think I remember it making some type of noise when VR was turned on.

The Nikkor lenses have VR, Sigma does not. It makes the noise with the VR on and with it Off.

I get the same thing with my tamron 18-270...its like it wont lock on,happens even in real good light.I have had luck with turning it off and on,that usually stops it,maybe it resets I dont know...its only happened twice,both times I shut it off and it stopped..hope this helps

The Nikkor lenses have VR, Sigma does not. It makes the noise with the VR on and with it Off.

My two Sigma lenses most assuredly do have OS (Sigma's name for VR).

All of my Nikon lenses have VR as well. I've never noticed a "Really fast clicking sound" on any of them with any body I've owned, including a D7100 unless it's the shutter release in continuous mode.

Do you have a collapsible rubber lens hood that is contacting and stopping the focus ring?

Most reactions

Back