really raw

I ran into an interesting situation tonight I took some shots of a early evening
moon with the cast reflection from the sun awesome I thought but when I got home there were all bad.
I shot on a tripod with a 1 sec exposure at 250 iso (i hate noise) and the camera got confused I have noise ,artifacts The whole nine yards and when I tryed to correct with pp it made it worse to the point I can see the streaks on my ccd from cleaning.
I am a bit set back by this I'm thinking about buying an old hasselblad for special shooting and keep the digital for day shooting.

MY point I cant even post a raw image its that bad

my bad I found one that looks ok but has no subject matter no processing. Raw to web conversion
DSC_1786.jpg

well lab time and all so yeah lets shoot between now and the forth... Call it Indepence day shoot out lol. Has a nice ring to it since this is the alternate gallery.

Hell DR didn't you see the crap I posted come on stick something up and lets see what you thought you were going to get its what I did lol.

I shot these photos a couple of years ago with Fujichrome Velvia, they were scanned with a Nikon 5000 scanner and only pp done was to clone out dust.

rene373r1e012bq6.jpg

rene373r1e008hi7.jpg

rene373r1e017nb8.jpg

rene373r2e042va2.jpg

Shorty nice work but the one that is outstanding is the ducks shot. I guess they are ducks. I have never seen anything quite the same as that. the color and texture is super to me.

Yeah but DR you don't see it here. That is part of the beauty also most people see even less than us and I don't see a thing. The fact that you have to work for the bottom make it even more important to me somehow. I'm going out to shoot a film camera that is probably from the eighties today. Nothing much goes wrong with those junkers. Now the ones I build is a different story all together. Im about to store all those I built and go for a tlr that is built like a tank. Gonna give up my love for the picky leaf shutter and go for a focal plane shutter (spit)

This is the very first negative I scanned. Just pulled it out randomly. Im going to post it then scan the rest of the roll in to search for the killer one. I did a white balance, and that's about it oh yeah I'm going to do a full frame 8x10 crop before I upload it.
6hhv9qv.jpg

Well, I got invited to come in here and join in on the discussion, and I felt the challenge and immediately went to my "Original Files"-folder to randomly pick a few that I took from there and only resized. Nothing else done at all. Maybe they can compete? Keep in mind they are picked very randomly.

Let`s start with some flowers (when they show in the garden, I just cannot restrain myself, never, although year after year I swear to myself I shall stop it at last)

Or, oh, hang on - this is the part where I must say something about the photo of the poster right before me, ie. yours, Charlie?
Well, if this were mine and it were digital, I would work on the whites, I find them too shiny and bright and the contrasts are extreme, but this is from film, and I know next to nothing about film (I only ever use the cheapest I can get in the supermarket, sorry...), so I cannot say if you chose a film that will produce these contrasts on purpose? You may well have, so when I now say that to my eyes the bright whites are hurting, this might have been JUST what you wanted. OK, no, I would not think you went out to take a pic with the idea "Let's hurt Corinna's eyes with this!" You did not do that!!! But these very bright whites may well have been what you wanted!?!?!

To my pics then, flowers first:

img607701.jpg

img608801.jpg

img609601.jpg

Our newest pet:

img481601.jpg

The moon one evening:

img435901.jpg

In reality, the sky was still even brighter than shows here

My daughter on her Confirmation Day

img4173.jpg

A bit of play of light and shadow in my kitchen one morning when the sun shone in from the window facing east

img643201.jpg

And an all unedited photo from my latest commission (photographing the rehearsals to the dance performance on the music of Carmina Burana by Carl Orff):

img666801.jpg

And as you can imagine, this frame needed a bit of cropping before it could be printed and later showed in the exhibition like this:

(warning: this pic is not totally raw!)
8a.
937.jpg

Is this posted in the way you thought, Charlie? Or are there too many pics now?

Glad to see you added some from the dance. I like those. I like the flowers as well.

The shot you are talking about was done with the scanner software and yeah it hurts my eyes as well I have a different software I used for the last one.

I can only wish there was an apple hanging above the snake's head. Well done. Post all you want till they stop us there are no moderators here except you now.

...there are no moderators here except you now.

:biggrin:

Curious to see some more from the dance then?
But I would post those in the General Gallery and I would there post the ones that went into the exhibition like that (some are edited more than would be allowed for HERE, you know ... and with some I HAD to do more editing after I had ordered my first batch of prints and found out the dynamic range was too large for my camera to capture it and many of the girls' faces were waaay too dark against the bright backgrounds, so I had to rework over 90 pics and re-order them*).

And hey, I do like the backlit pansies and flag and plants, I am a sucker for anything backlit, you know??? (My flower pics might tell you as much? ;))

ETA: * or much rather: too large a dynamic range for the PRINTING machine settings ... they looked good on my screen as they first were, but horrible in print, so the versions I then mailed in to be printed now look awful on my screen......!

I ran into that 'look good' on the computer and 'crap' from the printer but the printer was a lazer jet from office depot though. I am determinted to learn how to shoot for that thing. It is so cheap to make prints. Might not be album quality but they are certainly that photo coffee table book quality and then some.

Yes I like the dance even when it was harsh. Flowers are more for others I like people shots. I can appreciate a rose, but I'm not sure I fully appreciate the picture of a rose.

As for the back lit flag... It has a front hit from a tiny strobe I use as a trigger for my studio light set. The amount of output is probaby guide number 20. Just enough to fill in the front a little. I think, I can use it for a fill light and simply disregard it completely when doing the meter reading of the scene. For portraits outdoors I mean.

I don't see what all the fuss is about. The only time I reach for adjustment sliders is when I made a mistake.

In this case I didn't and it was the best photo from the buddah festival.:
DSC_0561.jpg

It's a very nice shot. I don't know that there is a fuss about anything.

I did it to see if I could do it without touching an editor. Other people just seemed to be drawn to the thread. This isnt a gallery after all, just some people showing what they can do with straight from the camera images.

Personally I'm shooting mine brand new and the good the bad and the ugly show up. Others seem to be pulling things from the past to show what can be done. Since in my case it's film I can't delete and shoot for better images. Just have to go with what I shot. It is challenging though. That I guess is the appeal for me.

6g19ik2.jpg

Okay it could use a little streightening of the horizon but I think I could live with this.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back