Really shouldn't have been there...

jlykins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jlykinsphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
But I drive past this train tessell every time that I go to my mother in laws house, and I think every time... Man I need to get up there and take some shots. Well Yesterday was the first nice warm day that we've had in a while so I decided after dropping the kids off, to head up there. It's a single track that you have to walk out about 500 yards on a bridge untill you get to the spot that I shot from. Anyway, CC always welcome. The first one is my favorite.

DSC_2714-2.jpg

DSC_2706.jpg

DSC_2675.jpg

Wow, the B/W shot is the best by far IMO! That is really a nice shot. The bridge really pops!

Good capture.

Did you do any PP on the B/W? I'm wondering how you blurred the background with f/22?

Wow, the B/W shot is the best by far IMO! That is really a nice shot. The bridge really pops!

Good capture.

Did you do any PP on the B/W? I'm wondering how you blurred the background with f/22?

Photoshop with a couple of layers did the bluring for me. I wanted a really good DOF inside the bridge, so I shot F22, and blurred everything else.

cool. I just noticed that your color version is slightly tilted to the right about 1 degree.

What an amazing shot the first one! Great that someone does something like that to take some pics ;) Props for that man ;)

ah, how I love the blur tool.

nice pics!

The first one is by far the best.
The focusing catches my attention,
you have the front and the back focused
but not the land at the back. How
did you manage that?

Good job.

He explained it here:

Photoshop with a couple of layers did the bluring for me. I wanted a really good DOF inside the bridge, so I shot F22, and blurred everything else.

Nice work, especially in #1! The DOF is PPERRFECT. And I am a b/w film whore, too. B/W to me only works on "certain" subjects, like an old factory, or in this case, the bridge. Steel and concrete to me make great b/w mediums. And you nailed the exp good as well. Impressive work mate.

Nice work, especially in #1! The DOF is PPERRFECT. And I am a b/w film whore, too. B/W to me only works on "certain" subjects, like an old factory, or in this case, the bridge. Steel and concrete to me make great b/w mediums. And you nailed the exp good as well. Impressive work mate.

Thank you very much. I'm really glad that everyone likes them so well.

Most reactions

Back