Rebel Kit lenses on D Rebels?

DSLR noob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey I was looking at cameras in a paper one time and I was that the Canon Rebels as in the film Rebels, have a kit lens that ranges from 28-90mm. I am guessing this is due to the size of film being larger than the sensor with no crop value etc. etc. So I was thinking the other day, they are both EF mounts. And the EFS 18-55 is a good kit lens that is said to have performance way above it's $100 price range. granted it is far from somehting heavy duty, but still not really a crap lens. Would the 28-90mm kit lesnes be comparable optical quality? It seems it'd be a cheap way to be able to zoom in just a tad bit more than the lenses I'm running for cheap. As I cannot afford a good lens, or even a bad lens. But if the Rebel Kit lens is not all that bad, and costs me under $100 I'm game. I'm sure it's been thought of but I'd like to know if anyone has a say on this.

They are probably comparable. Either way, they are entry level, consumer grade lenses...designed to be cheap and light. The quality isn't great when compared to much more expensive lenses but it's pretty good when compared to the lenses on cheap cameras.

Most reactions

Back