Recent baby photos

AndieLane

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I did a photo shoot recently for a 2 month old boy. I would love some C&C mom didn't really say much about them, but I thought I did good.

j_3-1.jpg

jack.jpg

DSC_4633.jpg

DSC_4614_B.jpg

EDIT:
Here's some more for variety!

DSC_4558_B.jpg

DSC_4559.jpg

DSC_4570_B.jpg

For my taste, the pacifier takes a lot away from the personality of the child.

I think you did really good!

They're all great, but some variety would be nice. And welcome to the forum!

Thanks both of you. I actually prefer ones with the Paci, because he wouldn't keep his tongue in his mouth. I do have other photos of him with different clothes and such but all they had was one bed near a window to take photos at. It was a one bedroom apartment, with just that window.
Any suggestions?

Thanks both of you. I actually prefer ones with the Paci, because he wouldn't keep his tongue in his mouth. I do have other photos of him with different clothes and such but all they had was one bed near a window to take photos at. It was a one bedroom apartment, with just that window.
Any suggestions?
Don't treat the baby just an inanimate object to photograph. Treat her/him as a portrait subject. Try to stimulate him/her into making different expressions. Of course he/she can't talk yet so use toys or sounds. Also include some mom and baby shots. Photos that shows relationship are more meaningful.

I like them but I do feel that some variety would be good. This is a really hard age to shoot at because they are too old to do cute sleepy curly baby shots but not old enough to sit on their own.

The first one I like, but the eyes look too photoshoped to me, it's obvious that his eyes weren't really that blue, because they are vibrant but the hat and skin aren't. I'd tweak it so they are either both vibrant, or both realistic.

On the whole though, I think you did a good job!!

I like them but I do feel that some variety would be good. This is a really hard age to shoot at because they are too old to do cute sleepy curly baby shots but not old enough to sit on their own.

The first one I like, but the eyes look too photoshoped to me, it's obvious that his eyes weren't really that blue, because they are vibrant but the hat and skin aren't. I'd tweak it so they are either both vibrant, or both realistic.

On the whole though, I think you did a good job!!

Thank you, I do have variety, I only posted these because they're the only ones I have proofed so far, as soon as I have more I will post those up as well. I was afraid of the age, he really couldn't do much, I really did nothing with him except leave him there. His mom was on the phone pretty much and I did get him to smile a few times, but he hadn't been fed and was cranky! (and mom woke him up when I got there, I only had a 45 minute window before he fell back asleep)

His eyes, are actually NOT photoshopped, at all. They really were that gorgeous, however I did edit his skin tone, he was just crying and looked really red, so I muted the reds a bit, maybe I should un-mute it and see what It looks like. He was so fair and red hair too! :D

I have to work with babies his age more so I can get more Ideas, he was my first at this age and I have a lot to learn! thanks for the comments!

They're beautiful - nice job. I can't believe mom didn't say much about them. The only advice about finding more ideas for your next shoot is just to search around other sites and check out things til something you like jumps out at you - then you try a version of tha tin your own style. Nice to meet ya!

For me, the binky has to go. It distracts the eye instantly away from the baby. Otherwise, the expression is fairly blank. At 2 months old, about all you can do is get the mom involved and hope for some "connection" shots.

If I might ask, how did you present them to the mom?

For me, the binky has to go. It distracts the eye instantly away from the baby. Otherwise, the expression is fairly blank. At 2 months old, about all you can do is get the mom involved and hope for some "connection" shots.

If I might ask, how did you present them to the mom?
I have to disagree a little on the binky thing, I know it's distracting, but it's a baby thing. And it does made the expression blank, but that directs you straight to the eyes for cues of what he's thinking.

However, it shouldn't be the mainstay from the session, only as an alternative for more variety.

Don't treat the baby just an inanimate object to photograph. Treat her/him as a portrait subject. Try to stimulate him/her into making different expressions. Of course he/she can't talk yet so use toys or sounds. Also include some mom and baby shots. Photos that shows relationship are more meaningful.

I like the binky, that's just me, Mom wanted it in too, she didn't want him with his tongue out and it stopped him from crying.

She has actually only seen the first 3 photos, and she saw them on my blog. That's all she's seen, I am still not done proofing her session, she did shoot me an email this morning saying she was excited about seeing the rest, so thats a lot better than her not saying anything! :mrgreen:

I think you did a great job on these, all things considered. You mentioned that the mom wanted things a certain way. Well, thats good that you listened to the mom, she is paying the bill. ;)

I love the way the eyes pop with color. Your focus and lighting is very good as well. You obviously know what you are doing. The only one Im not quite sure about is #5, it appears the focus is a bit off. #6 I think is by far the best.

Very nice overall! Thanks for sharing. :)

NJ

Hate the Paci. The tounge sticking out is a fantastic picture that parents adore. Usually at least. I love looking back at my infants picture from when he stuck his tounge out.
The first one is the best in my opinion. Great color. I think you did a great job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back