Recent Birthday Party

Juga

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot a birthday party for a 2 year old recently. I hate the whole thing. The lighting changed so frequently and kids kept photo bombing like crazy so I tired to watch my backgrounds and cropping as best I could. C&C would be appreciated. Particularly on 3 I tried out some tilt because on 3 because they inflated the bouncer as they were sitting on it.
1 $Zabek (132 of 175).jpg
2$Zabek (93 of 175).jpg
3$Zabek (87 of 175).jpg
4$Zabek (85 of 175).jpg

Attachments

• $Zabek (101 of 175).jpg
    $Zabek (101 of 175).jpg
    658.4 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
I'd watch the backgrounds when you're framing shots to help eliminate distractions like part of a sign etc. and think about vantage points. I think it's like shooting sports, takes practice and timing, being able to watch what's going on and still keep out an eye for people coming in and out of the scene/your viewfinder.

I kind of like the first one, I'd maybe just make some copies and try some crops, get rid of the edges of people along the sides of the photos, etc. If you don't want something in your photo, try moving yourself and changing your vantage point and keep it out of your picture.

Birthdays are tough because constant kids in the background and these are some of the better ones when it comes to less distractions. I moved...a lot...haha

They are cute shots but the framing on quite of few has me puzzled - 3 & 5 especially. #1 is my favorite shot.. I like that they are still in the center and the motion around them. Kids love those things!

They are cute shots but the framing on quite of few has me puzzled - 3 & 5 especially. #1 is my favorite shot.. I like that they are still in the center and the motion around them. Kids love those things!

Thanks, framing is something I still struggle with. I think the biggest hurdle was that I have been dealing with is cropping in bad spots. So then I then began leaving too much in the frame so I think I have a good medium but I just need to work on the composition.

Does this assessment sound right?

I don't get the problem...it's a 2 year-old's birthday party at one of those "fun center" places like JJ Jump, or BounceHouse, or Air Express, or Gynmnastic Fantastic...they're all interchangeable...the parties are always a mess...kids everywhere...kids jumping, falling into one another...falling face-down...kids all over hell and back...the whole thing is just one, big bluuuuuur of kid here/kid there/where's my kid?/oh, there he is!/where's my kid?/Dad, dad,dad,look at ME!/Dad,dad, so and so is tripping other kids!/When do we eat cake?/is there going to be enough cake?/when is the cake?/will there be cake?/Everybody freeze!,etc.,etc..

This isn't a studio session, or a garden session...this is a 2 year old's party at JJ Jump, or BounceHouse, or Air Express, or Gynmnastic Fantastic... I mean...yeah...so...you know????????????

I don't get the problem...it's a 2 year-old's birthday party at one of those "fun center" places like JJ Jump, or BounceHouse, or Air Express, or Gynmnastic Fantastic...they're all interchangeable...the parties are always a mess...kids everywhere...kids jumping, falling into one another...falling face-down...kids all over hell and back...the whole thing is just one, big bluuuuuur of kid here/kid there/where's my kid?/oh, there he is!/where's my kid?/Dad, dad,dad,look at ME!/Dad,dad, so and so is tripping other kids!/When do we eat cake?/is there going to be enough cake?/when is the cake?/will there be cake?/Everybody freeze!,etc.,etc..

This isn't a studio session, or a garden session...this is a 2 year old's party at JJ Jump, or BounceHouse, or Air Express, or Gynmnastic Fantastic... I mean...yeah...so...you know????????????

This is exactly what my wife preaches and I completely agree. It is a two year old's birthday! I understand parents wanting moments captures which is why I won't turn the business away.

Most reactions

Back