Recent bridal session

playswithlight

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a recent session I did. Let me know what you think. I can handle it. Any comments are appreciated!

sam5.jpg

sam4.jpg

sam1.jpg

sam3.jpg

The flare is too much in #3. I also think you'd really benefit from some fill-flash, especially in #'s 1 and 4.

She seems so sad.

I don't mind the flare in #3, as it was probably done for effect. What I do mind is the grungy bottom of the building, like it had flooded recently, eek. I like the mood in #2. :)

Marian

Well, I've only just recently shot my first and only bridal session, so take it for what it's worth...

(1) I'm not sure why you chose a public restroom as the setting for a bridal shoot. I would clone out the sign b/c it my mind it makes it look haphazard and pedestrian. Her friends: "Hmmm, so you had your bridal pic made in front of a toilet. Interesting?" (Followed by nervous smile and a change of subject). If you clone it out though, you're left w/ a pic with a crop that looks funny as well. A portrait instead of landscape view would've been more pleasing I think anyway.

(2) She's dead center and a little far away. In my mind, this type of shot is to highlight the dress and it's details, and she's too far away to do that.

(3) I kind of like this one and you can get away with the dead center given the symmetry of the architecture I think. The flare is really overpowering I think as well, and I'll echo that the grunginess takes away from it.

(4) Ditto Max with the fill flash in this and the first.

Thought I would clarify a little. Wasn't a typical bridal session, she wanted the more "grungy" look to the shots, just to have something a little different. The restroom shot was her idea. I still stand by it. I know I could easily clone it out if needed.

The flare... thought it could possibly be a little too much. But it was worth a shot.

Next time will definitely use the flash more. Thanks!

Actually, #3 is the only one of these I like. The composition in #1 doesn't work at all (it's divided into equal thirds but with an actual line from the wall and there is too much space above her head), and I'd get rid of the restroom sign asap. I also don't like how her face is completely in shadow and then her dress is totally blown out by the sun.
In #2, she is once again pretty much right in the center. It seems kind of dark and the bright sun spots and the bright background are really distracting. The way her body is in that one looks kind of weird too. Her arms just don't look graceful and flattering in this one...which is what you want in a bridal I would think.
#3, now this one has some stuff going for it I think. I actually really like the grunginess at the bottom of the wall. At first I didn't mind the flare, but now that I'm looking at it again, it is kind of distracting. I think you should try and bring up more highlights in this shot as right now it's kind of all a muddy middle grey. I don't necessarily mind her stance in this one, but in the future if you aren't trying to go for an almost scary movie type of a look, I'd have her tilt her hips or something so she is standing in a more feminine way.
#4 is cropped in kind of close, needs fill flash badly, and there's a distracting bar in the background. Her hand looks weird too with her fingers kind of spread like that. Posing hands can be difficult I think.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back