Recent Bridal

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just starting to work on a recent Bridal shoot..........have only done 6 so far, but this one stuck out to me. All comments, critiques, and advice apprecited!
IMG_6070.jpg

AprilRamone said:
That's a beautiful image. It looks very dreamlike. The only thing I wish was that you could see more detail in the dress.

Here is the original. I had some pretty horrible Sun on this particular day:
IMG_6070org.jpg

I like your brides pose for this shat and the location...very nice.
I would suggest a bit wider crop for this one to include her who;e dress. Also i would clone out the flower pot
one more thing I would do is if you're using the 'glow' type treatment maybe do it on a separate layer and then paint back the detail in her dress using a low opacity brush so you can control the amount closely. Another optiuon would be to apply the treatment and then dial back the opacity of the layer to reduce the effect to a more subtle glow.
Just suggestions of course. :D

JonK said:
I like your brides pose for this shat and the location...very nice.
I would suggest a bit wider crop for this one to include her who;e dress. Also i would clone out the flower pot
one more thing I would do is if you're using the 'glow' type treatment maybe do it on a separate layer and then paint back the detail in her dress using a low opacity brush so you can control the amount closely. Another optiuon would be to apply the treatment and then dial back the opacity of the layer to reduce the effect to a more subtle glow.
Just suggestions of course. :D

Thank you Jon! Wonderful suggestions. The pot will definately go in my final edits, but I like the idea about opacity too. Thanks very much!

Looks like you did a great job with crappy lighting. I'd like see more detail in the dress but I do like the ps treatment that you gave it. How do you think it would look with a milder ps treatment on the dress?

photogoddess said:
Looks like you did a great job with crappy lighting. I'd like see more detail in the dress but I do like the ps treatment that you gave it. How do you think it would look with a milder ps treatment on the dress?
I definately overdid it. Let me try again in the morning. My eyes are bleedinG.:lmao:

AprilRamone said:
...I wish was that you could see more detail in the dress.

I think this would be best accomplished by choosing a different perspective... maybe if you walk around the bride, considering another angle. To bring out the detail in a white dress, shadow is needed to communicate the folds and texture of the fabric.

The posing needs a bit of attention too. There's no advantage of having her right hand in view. It almost looks like a disembodied hand. The left elbow posed right into the camera is another concern, calling attention to and making her arm look a bit large. No bouquet? Maybe show a bit of toe next time.

Would it have been possible to move her further from the background, using a longer lens?

Cindy, your work is more and more impessive each time you post. I can see that in short order, you're gonna be the premium portrait artist here. I LOVE the soft focus!

I hope I've been helpful.

Pete

Yes, you have been very helpful Pete. Posing is definately my weakest point. I bought a book on it just the other day, so I'm hoping I'll get better at it.
I've got a few other angles of this......one from a rooftop that I climbed up on. I'll pull that one, work on it (with the opacity suggestions) and post it up here a little later today.
Thank you guys. I really appreciate the time you took to comment. You guys are definately helping me learn. THANKS!!!!

Whoa! Talk about a fairy tale wedding! Everything from the shrubs to the lighting to the building is elegant. I like the original better. The diffuse version seems too distracting.

Nice job working with the lighting! I like the pose and the location! You know though, I'd have to agree with Craig, the original works better for me.

Most reactions

Back