Recent E-session

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the same couple featured in the civil war wedding posted here and we shot these the week before the wedding. Even though we waited until almost sun down, we were on top of a mountain and the sun was unbearable. Would a diffusion reflector help where the subject is in direct sunlight or what can be done?

In the first one, the bride to be saw an engagement shot once of the couple and their arms/heads were posed to make a heart, and while this tree was too big to accomplish that, I tried to fudge it a bit w/ PS.

I must confess the idea for the last one was taken from someone here, but I showed it to the couple and they wanted to try and replicate it, given that they are into making their own wine. (It's a great idea I think). They also like sepia, so I converted two that I liked that tone with.

C&C is greatly appreciated.

(1)
IMGP9032heartWeb.jpg

(2)
IMGP9028-8x10a.jpg

(3)
IMGP9025-8x10a.jpg

(4)
IMGP8965-8x10.jpg

(5)
IMGP8986-8x10.jpg

(6)
IMGP8957aweb.jpg

I'm not crazy about the first one. For one thing, the guy's expression is apologetic, almost like he's sorry for this picture, eek. The digital heart and words don't work. It would be better if the heart wrapped around the tree a bit, showing perspective.

On picture 2, I'd give it a tighter crop, eliminating a lot of her bulk. It's such a sweet picture, and it would be a shame for their expressions to be overshadowed by all that sweater. Like so:
52py3y9.jpg

Number 6 is an interesting shot and I may just have to try something similar. :)

is there something black outlining her body on #4?

#6 is really cool!

DUDE! Number 6 is freaking awesome! Nice!

It was quite difficult to get much emotion from the groom to be. Not sure if that's just his personality or if he was having a bad day or just doesn't like having his pic made. I didn't really get a smile from any of these engagement shots or at the wedding. He's a police officer, so maybe he just doesn't display emotion easily. But yeah, I agree, he doesn't look thrilled to be there.

Maven, I'll play around with the crop some more, but I see what you're saying.

acaldwell, I think what you're seeing is where I selected the inverse of the couple to saturate the background and bring more color out. Looks like I needed to feather more or otherwise clean it up.

To all, thanks for the comments on 6. Again, I can't take credit for it's originality as someone here had the idea first, but I definately like it, especially for this couple.

I like these quite a bit. I don't think the tree graphics in #1 look real and are a bit cheesy. Other than that, I think you captured some great shots!

The last one is true genius!!

They're nice, except for #1, which is undoubtedly the cheesiest photograph I've seen in the last year and a half.

I love 3, 4 and 6. To be honest I didn't even notice the couple in the glass at first but once I did I have to say...that photos is the best in your series!!!!!!

Number 6 is a good idea that did not go correctly. Take the distracting stuff out of the bottom of the photo, stand the bottle and glass up straight, get them in focus, and photoshop the couple into the glass properly exposed and clear.

skieur

Most reactions

Back