Recent Explorations. C&C welcome.

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I made it out exploring a bit today. Most were taken with the Nikon D300s and Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8. Some were Sigma 18-50mm F/2.8D EX DC. Anyhow, enjoy!

DSC_1423.jpg

2-1
DSC_1433.jpg

2-2
DSC_1433BW.jpg

3-1
DSC_1437.jpg

3-2
DSC_1437BW.jpg

Untitled_HDR2-1.jpg

Untitled_HDR4.jpg

And I'll end you with my two personal favorites.

Untitled_HDR6BW.jpg

Untitled_HDR3-1.jpg

Thanks for stopping by! C&C welcome if you feel so inclined.
Mark

Cool location...Image 2-1 & 2-2 look so soft, they almost look fake compared to the rest. Were you shooting wide open with these 2 images?

Agreed. And no. There was a ton of glare in the originals I had to edit out from the two windows for some reason. :er:

Mark

mark, did you not post some of these a while back?

Agreed. And no. There was a ton of glare in the originals I had to edit out from the two windows for some reason. :er:

Mark

Can I ask..What time of day did you take these photos? Did you add any lighting?

Sure, ask whatever you'd like. These were taken around 11AM. No light was added to any of these. Purely natural lighting.

Mark

Most of these don't grab me for reasons that are not entirely clear to me - the lighting on some of them is a little harsh for my taste, on others I just don't know, but the last one is terrific. Great lighting, color and detail. It's a centered shot that really works. This would look good printed or displayed very big.

Thank you, Ken. The last is by far my favorite as well. And I wouldn't call it so much centered as I would symmetric. Details, details. :er: :lol:

Thanks again!
Mark

I agree about the last one, but I also like #4 quite a bit. There is however some heavy lens distortion that kinda conspires against it, and this distortion is exacerbated by the insane amount of lines. If this photo were mine, I'd go back and try to re-shoot.

I like #2-2 as well, but I suggest darkening the right-hand side (or at least darkening the white lines) because it forces the eye to go right and then leave the frame guided by those lines.

I really enjoyed the first one (also very sharp... whatever lens that was, I'm impressed)... and I loved #6. I must admit, I think 6 is a better picture. Even though I liked #1, I don't think it's all that great of an image. I just liked it.

I would make one very strong suggestion... don't blast every version of an image you have all at once. You have like 4 of those stairs. Each different choice diminishes the overall impact of all of them. Choose the one that works best for you and post that.

Thanks, Invisible!

Yeah. The distortion on 4 is just unreal to try to deal with. Straightening it to a likable extent is simply impossible. I guess it doesn't help I was using the Tokina 11-16. I was very disappointed with that once I saw how it was upon editing. But, it's the best I got of that particular scene before I left.

Good point for 2-2. I'll take that into consideration. Thanks alot.

Mark

I really enjoyed the first one (also very sharp... whatever lens that was, I'm impressed) Thanks. That'd be the Sigma 18-50/2.8D EX DC... and I loved #6. I must admit, I think 6 is a better picture. Even though I liked #1, I don't think it's all that great of an image. I just liked it. Agreed with both of your statements here, 100%.

I would make one very strong suggestion... don't blast every version of an image you have all at once. You have like 4 of those stairs. Each different choice diminishes the overall impact of all of them. Choose the one that works best for you and post that. Thanks. I tell myself I won't do that. I have such a hard time discerning between them. I find that I can post them here, and people will inevitably comment on the version they like most. But, I know it's a horrible habit. Tisk Tisk on me for that one.

Message in ​red.
Mark

nice pictures.

#2-2 steals the show!!! #7 is also endeared

Others are good...but too much of images at a single stretch is an injustice to your own images, i must say

Regards :D

Most reactions

Back