Recent Flower Work

Dominantly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just a couple shots from around the yard. It's what I do when I want to take photos, but can't think of anywhere else to go. :confused:

1. Kinda get a sense of motion in the background.
788736116_T2XPS-L.jpg

2.Bee time
788726590_GEQEp-L.jpg

788738763_3DzE2-L.jpg

4.Bee 2
787868511_eNiY9-L.jpg

Thanks for looking, feel free to comment.:thumbup:

Last edited:
Man, #1 is awsome. The shape of the grass in the backgroud frames the flower perfectly. Almost like "ripples of awsomeness". ;)

:lol:
Thanks!

Any other opinions, on the bee shots especially? I cropped them quite a bit.

1 and 3 are very nice!

I don't like the first bee one too much. It seems pretty soft but you did mention it's a big crop so that's probably the reason. I wish the whole flower would be in the shot and the white on the flower looks a little hot.

The second bee shot is very nice. It's a lot clearer and just looks better to me. Good job.
TJ

I agree with above... the 2nd one is crisp and nice DOF. The bee in the first one seems soft. I also like the looser crop on #2.

Sweet. Thanks for the feedback.

I was playing around and cropped it a few different ways, I just wasn't sure which way would be the most eye pleasing. Those crops above are super tight; I had to stay a ways away to focus, and there was movement on both parts, so that's probably why it appears a bit soft, but you can see some decent structure in the wings, so it's not too soft.
As for the flowers color, that's pretty much the color you would see standing in front of it. The white was pretty pure white.

Last edited:
Here is a couple others I took yesterday when playing with the off camera flash.

814406468_Q7UpT-L.jpg

814409351_LpmwZ-L.jpg

That must have been a WIDE angle almost fisheye.......Mike

Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8 fisheye
One of my favorite lenses, mostly because you can do stuff like this
814407954_3MUBd-M.jpg

I agree with all, #1 is awsome. I really like the off camrea flash shots too!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back