Recent Model

ColeGauthier

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone! Here is a recent one I did few days ago! I hope you enjoy! C&C is always welcomed!

Cheers :)

IMG_5746-Edit_edit_2.jpg

For anyone who wants to see the full set:
Gauthier Photography Audrey Bowes

Last edited:
Very nice. Only thing I would have done differently would be a slightly closer crop and slightly more off center subject, but that's mostly taste. What did you use for your fill?

Very nice. Only thing I would have done differently would be a slightly closer crop and slightly more off center subject, but that's mostly taste. What did you use for your fill?

Thank you sir! I have thought about cropping it but I prefer this! Sun + gold/silver reflector left side :)

Last edited:
It looked a bit warm so I thought maybe gold reflector. Nice job.

its a very peaceful shot and I like the warm colour, kind of goes with the dress

I guess from my days doing senior portraits I'm always hyper sensitive about bra straps. Easy enough to clone out if it's a problem tho. Overall good shot.

I looked at the whole set on the blog...they seemed kind of overly bright, so I pulled this one into LR to see what the sky had in it.

I like the look of the real light conditions more so than the key-shifted look, with the clouds removed via exposure shifting.
IMG_5746-Edit_edit_2_LR edit.JPG

cream-tone, LR basic look

IMG_5746-Edit_edit_2_LR_coldtone.JPG

neutral-tone B&W

To me, the original presentation simply has too much bald sky. I think with a 12- or 14-bit RAW file to work with, this type of rendering could be done so it kept the warm gold tone, but also brought back some of the sky's beautiful clouds for interest.

I looked at the whole set on the blog...they seemed kind of overly bright, so I pulled this one into LR to see what the sky had in it.

I like the look of the real light conditions more so than the key-shifted look, with the clouds removed via exposure shifting.View attachment 99036
cream-tone, LR basic look

View attachment 99037
neutral-tone B&W

To me, the original presentation simply has too much bald sky. I think with a 12- or 14-bit RAW file to work with, this type of rendering could be done so it kept the warm gold tone, but also brought back some of the sky's beautiful clouds for interest.

These are good Derrel! Thanks for the suggestion! Funny thing is, I am the one who added in those clouds via Photoshop brushes ;)

Thanks, Cole. The clouds are really nice...I LIKED them, as soon as I took that exposure slider and started sliding it to the left! I think they are appropriate cloud types as well, which go well with that dramatic back/side-lighting.

Most reactions

Back