LeeLeeMelis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Maine-but currently stationed in Okinawa, Japan
Website
www.mwbphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few shots from three different portrait sessions. Let me know what you think! Thanks!

Attachments

• $edit2.jpg
    $edit2.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 134
  • $edit3.jpg
    $edit3.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 133
  • $edit4.jpg
    $edit4.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 127
  • $edit1.jpg
    $edit1.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 157
I'm not too crazy about some of the technical aspects of the first 3, but there are kind of cute because of the subjects.

However, #4 is really nice, especially with the vignette. It gives the image that perfect final touch.

NJ

NJMan, could you clarify on what technical aspects you mean? I'm always trying to learn!

Sure LeeLeeMelis, sorry about that.

#1 looks a little washed out. It could a little contrast boost and/or saturation boost to make the features pop a bit.

#2, there is quite a bit of blowout in several parts of the image. You may be able to help it a bit by playing with levels or the shadow/highlight filter. But not sure that I could save this one.

#3, same thing as #1. The image is very light, and it could use some contrast and slight saturation of colors, and also taken down a notch in levels or the shadow/highlight.

I have attached a sample of what #1 can look like with some editing. I increased the contrast a touch, increased the saturation a little, sharpened slightly with USM, and selectively dodged the eyes as well as a very slight sharpen on the eyes again. Let me know what you think. If you want specific numbers on the edit process, let me know.

baby_2.jpg

Your pictures are not bad, but they could use a bit of post processing.

NJ

Once again you captured great mood and personalities!! I do love the edit job too. I often do that on the eyes too. I like to play around with the eyes with the gamma in the Exposure adjustment in CS2. I've never tried dodging in the eyes before- but it looks great.

Most reactions

Back