Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
2732465528_51784acc08.jpg

2732466388_d74318d5d7.jpg

2731636425_e3e53e7d03.jpg

2732464792_aa00416657.jpg

2732464602_ee0b90e84a.jpg

2732465888_d6de958cd0.jpg

You did technically well with this series, I feel. The only exception to this is that I wish there was a bit more of her torso shown on the second shot. But, with this being said, I don't feel a lot of emotion, character, or personality showing through in these shots. There is some character in two, three, and four; but the entire series gives off a lack of feeling to me. I may be completely alone in this assessment (which would be good for you, OP), but I feel a common denominator of lifelessness throughout the series.

Overall, the technical aspects of these images as stated, are fine. There are a few minor niggles:

1. A reflector should have been used image right to lessen the shadow slightly on the left side of her face.

2. The background, while soft, is still rather distracting.

4. Is a nice image, but fill light is needed image left to illuminate her right arm just slightly - at first glance, it appears to be missing.

6. I think this one should have been opend up enough to include all of her head, or cropped more tightly to concentrate solely on the face.

I think what Trenton has termed 'a lack of emotion, character..." is actually a lack of experience on the part of the model. She's very attractive, but doesn't seem to quite know what to do with herself in front of the camera.

Good work, keep at it!

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary

~John

I appreciate the feedback. You guys are 100% correct about the model. Pretty girl, but new and zero experience. She was nervous and never quite got over being a bit timid. I did everything I could think of to put her at ease, but she never fully relaxed. Nevertheless, as the photographer, some of the blame probably lies with me.

The compositions and lighting are solid but the retouch has a lot of room for improvement.

#1 could have been great but she looks cross-eyed. You retouched out all the skin detail but left in the bags under the eyes and the wrinkles from nose-to-mouth.

This girl needs a lot of work on adding dimensional qualities to her face in post. It's naturally very round and now looks even more round and very flat. Rebuild/accentuate the cheekbones to take the focus off those chipmunk cheeks, take care of the important wrinkle areas, and go easier on the skin. If these were for anything other than [her] modeling portfolio, I would break out the liquify tool and the paintbrush and make some cheek bones.

Otherwise, nice work.

Most reactions

Back