Recent Photos.

tmyprod

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are some recent photos I've taken or just got developed. The first three were shot on film (generic store brand) with a Nikon FM-2 the rest were taken with a Nikon D5000. I like getting really critical feedback, so if you don't like any aspect of a photo for any reason, let me know.

Cheers,
tmyprod

4208564571_bb7fd3ee84.jpg

4209327798_7f664773c9.jpg

4250268446_4a24d42f81.jpg

4258371346_19d98e313f.jpg

4271350758_7f2b9e51b0.jpg

4271366290_d4eb6b983c.jpg

4272419221_c57a668e3b.jpg

4278122676_9478ff4c07.jpg

If you're looking for C&C I am glad to oblige! Your first shot has interesting texture, but it is a little too plain.
I enjoy the saturated look of the second shot.
The third shot is one of the strongest portraits I have seen in a while. The lines carry great movement across the page, b/w was an obvious choice to make, and the contrast is phenomenal.
Your fourth shot has interesting composition and the colors are great, as well as the perspective.
I think the 5th shot is the weakest one; you chose to zoom in too far, but b/w again was a good choice here.
The 6th shot has great movement, sweeping the eye across the page.
The last two architectural shots are good as well, great composition and subject.
:D

Are those clouds in #1?

#2 & 3 are good, but 2 is kinda ordinary (at least for a guy like me that lives in the sticks). And I wouldn't know what to do with 3, although it's kind of interesting.

I'd like more light on the blood and on the point of the knife in the wood in #4. Other than that, I really like it.

5 ... nice, ok. i can't tell what city it is from the skyline though. If that's Seattle, why no Space Needle?

6 and 7 are my favorite of the bunch. The colors and perspective of 6 keep my attention. I like the angle of 7... and dreariness conveyed through 7 is palpable.

8 is too dark and the angle has nothing on 7.

#1 is the celling of an Ice Cave.

#2 has gotten some pretty good reception and I'm curious to see what specifically people like about it and how it could have been improved.

I don't shoot too many portraits, so, I was actually more interested in catching the shadows on his face, in #3, than taking his picture. If that makes any sense.

There was no blood on #4, it's just water.

#5 is Seattle, but I'm not the biggest fan of the Space Needle and its in damn near every shot taken of Seattle. And I was testing out the upper range of my old tele lens on a new camera, the D5000's crop factor bumped the long end from 300mm to 450mm.

#6 was "explored" on Flickr and is my most popular image to date.

I wasn't really going for dreariness with #7, so its interesting that it comes through so strong.

People seem torn on #8, some seem to love it while others don't like it at all.

Hmmm... never seen an ice cave. Might like to see a shot of the whole inside to give #1 some perspective in my mind.

#2 is a nice photo. Nice color, well lit, 'good texture' (as someone mentioned)..... but it's just a trail in the woods. I'm not sure what could be different about it to make it more interesting to me.... maybe a shaft of sunlight and shadow illuminating the trail? (One that's more defined than what's already there).

#4... red water? As in food coloring? Or as in watered down blood from a meat package?

I kinda thought you may have omitted the Space Needle on principle.

"Dreary" may not be the right word... maybe something more along the lines of 'foreboding'.

Another shot of the ice cave with some people to give it some scale:
R1-12A.jpg

The wood cutting board just looks reddish when it gets wet.

Last edited:
Here's a few more I'd like to get some opinions on.

4291761637_1680171810.jpg

4290255328_1f15ff7fe0.jpg

4287703622_195c8b6a8b.jpg

4208564241_962665f584.jpg

4256119106_ca0843e222.jpg

The man with the shadows is striking imo. It looks like it needs a story with it in time life or somewhere:). The boots are very creative. I love them.

Number 6 is awesome!! Definitely like it the best.

as for the "blood" in number 4, looks like it might be time to season your cutting board :lol:

as for the "blood" in number 4, looks like it might be time to season your cutting board :lol:

That took me entirely too long to figure out. I was thinking that "seasoning your cutting board" was some kind of culinary term for cleaning your cutting board or something.

That took me entirely too long to figure out. I was thinking that "seasoning your cutting board" was some kind of culinary term for cleaning your cutting board or something.

haha, no. I suppose I should have said sealing it or something?

Wood cutting boards need to be oiled every once in a while so stuff doesnt soak in.

Most reactions

Back