TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not sure how I feel about these...
So, I figured that I would post them.

Hockessinshoot161copy2.jpg

Hockessinshoot145.jpg

I like the expression in the first picture.

In both of these, lighting could use some help. A large reflector would do wonders.

I see.

My next mission will be to learn to photograph fast movers without a reflector. Any suggestions?

on the second, it just seems like the coat is over taking the child...

I am new to this but I have two fast movers if my own and I am finding if I set myself up where the lighting is nice, sit on the ground and then have someone try to keep the child from running off too far, i will have alot nicer photos then if i chase them around. they tend to come around and are more relaxed. But I am new to photography so maybe other people have better ideas

Yea the sun is too directly overhead and is causing some really harsh shadows. Try shooting in the morning or late afternoon.

Yea the sun is too directly overhead and is causing some really harsh shadows. Try shooting in the morning or late afternoon.

This is what I was going to say. The last few hours or so of daylight works best for me. :)

Thanks everyone. I tried to get out there earlier. I'll just have to make it happen next time!
It was around noon. Next time it'll be around 10 or 11ish.

I recently got a reflector and will never go back if I can help it. (I bring a stand if I can't get someone to hold it for me which is much preferred to the stand). A reflector in that first shot could have made it so much better since the right side of her face is totally in the sun and the left is totally dark it isn't very pleasing. I would have had her set her wallet outside the frame of the shot as well.

In the meantime, if you can't use a reflector, I would stick to areas that are completely in the shade.

Most reactions

Back