Recent Shot, C&C welcome

Bossy, being a complete and utter newbie at all of this, I certainly can't comment on whether the editing you did is good or bad, but I'm curious if it would be possible to fix one thing in what you did. While I can definitely see that it appears straighter from one side to the other in your latter post comparing the two, when I first looked at your version of the picture I didn't notice that at all. What I did notice was that the phone booth on the right appeared very distorted and unreal because of the slant of the lines. I have to say that it gave me a kind of sea sick feeling and felt almost like a Salvador Dali painting (ok...maybe a bit of an overexaggeration). I love the other stuff you did to the picture, but is there a way to correct that, or is that just inevitable in the process of straightening the picture?

There's definitely a way to fix it, like its been pointed out, I did it pretty rough :D Hows this one-

MUCH better Bossy! I like it now :)

I would like to see your attempt Traveler to learn from the difference between you and Bossy.

I don't think this is a good picture.
The composition is incoherent and its not clear what the main object of interest is.
There are lots of things that could be a center of interest but they are not related in any way except by being in the frame.
The symmetry is off and no amount of pping is going to correct that.
Note that the effects have gone the full range of super-saturated to cropping and BW.

There's no reason to try major PPing on a picture that doesn't have much going for it in the first place.

I used Topaz 4 - Crisp, just for kicks. I also used Transform and roughly straightened your lines.
6870043113_09f04caea6_bcopy-1.jpg

Bossy--your edit has made all the lines totally wonky! I can hardly bear to look at this....you've managed to distort almost everything in the shot. It looks bad to me.

I think people are over thinking it a bit. It's simply an attempt at a compsotionally well balanced photo with strong colors. There is no main subject because the entire photo is the subject. The subject/point of this photo is balance and color. At least, this is what I think the OP was going for. Also, no one straightened the photos in their edits so the photos looks lopsided. My edit

6870043113_09f04caea6_b.jpg

Here's my take..i should of left slightly more room on the left

post_edit.jpg

this is a photo, no need to start an argument and cut each other down......

anyways, I think the original photo was just fine, i just think cropping each side equally & making the phone booths not so red would suffice. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back