limr

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
moderndinosaur.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just had some pictures hung in a show at my friend's gallery. I showed with two other women, both of them hanging work very different from mine. I chose ten pictures, all printed 5x5, mounted off-center in an 11x14 white museum mat, simple black frame. They are all taken with either a Holga 120N, a 6x6 pinhole camera, or an SX-70 with Impossible Project film.

I hung them in pairs. While I don't expect much from this showing, now that I have the work presented this way, I might consider investigating other places where I can show some or all pairs in other spaces in the area once these are taken down.

First pair: river

Riverview.jpeg

Riverside.jpeg

Second pair: a place to sit and think

Beachview.jpeg

Reading.jpeg

Third pair: pinhole coast

Shore.jpeg

Boardwalk.jpeg

Fourth pair: Forgotten corners

Marvel Mystery Oil.jpeg

Aloe.jpeg

Fifth pair: Architectural

Paramount.jpeg

Attic.jpeg

You're a shooter, limr. A good shooter. My highest compliment is "shooter". Everybody these days is "a photographer". Shooters are different.

Presented in pairs and in total has far greater impact than singularly in a thread. I am impressed, good stuff, well done.

Gracias, Tio. I have been thinking more in terms of photos as a series rather than just individual shots. I was pleased with how these worked together, and how they looked when hung.

:clap:

You're a shooter, limr. A good shooter. My highest compliment is "shooter". Everybody these days is "a photographer". Shooters are different.

Wow, thanks Derrel! I am quite honored :1251:

Very interesting selections; the second of the first and first of the fourth are especially nice work.

Congrats! Very nice & I'm sad I can't stop by the gallery.

Joe

Great work! Congrats on the show. Good for you for putting yourself out there.

these are wonderful images.

Very nice, I really like showing them in pairs, it works well for you.

Cool!! Good for you. I've seen most of these I think, very nicely put together. You should take some pictures of the exhibit, I'd love to see these on display. It's a nice feeling isn't it? I usually feel almost self conscious, like why is mine up there on display?? lol I'm happy for you.

Was there an opening? Did you get little cubes of cheese on toothpicks and a glass of wine? That's the big reward for being talented in the art world! lol

Or if it's a student/college kind of thing, there are cookies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back