Recent Wedding...Meg and Ben (12 pics)

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are some photos from my second practice wedding. They hired a pro to do the ceremony, as well as the formals before and after the ceremony. I took a few shots at the church, but not many. I didn't want to get in the way. I did the reception and dance photos for free. I was nervous about this, especially with the lighting (or lack of) at the dance. As I have mentioned to some of you, the lighting at the dance really threw me for a loop, and I didnt know if any of them were going to turn out. I hope these are okay. C&C always welcome. Thanks for looking! :)

1. 50mm, no flash, sitting in the 4th row.
IMG_0552_2_700_vig.jpg

2. same as above
IMG_0555_2_700_vig.jpg

IMG_0624_2_700_vig.jpg

4. Some of the groomsmen relaxing while the B&G were preparing for shots.
IMG_0671_2_overlay_bw_700.jpg

5. A fun shot.
IMG_0682_2_700_vig.jpg

6. Now, the groom's turn.
IMG_0676_2_700_vig.jpg

IMG_0746_2_700.jpg

IMG_0704_2_700_vig_softblur.jpg

9. They wanted a high contrast soft touch with somewhat of a sharp edge.
IMG_0717_2_700_vig_softblur.jpg

10. I wanted them to look somewhat realistic with the lighting the way it was. Tried to use the right amount of flash with the existing lighting (next 3 pics).
IMG_0940_2_700.jpg

IMG_0889_2_700.jpg

IMG_0878_2_700.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

NJ

Looks like you did a nice job...and you were worried ;)

Weeeell done! :thumbup:
Really!

But, of course you were nervous beforehand! Who wouldn't be!?!?!
And wow, weddings are such a BIG thing in America!

I really like the idea of the two fun shots! :lol:

Looks like you did a nice job...and you were worried ;)

Thanks Mike! Of course Im worried. If I wasnt worried as least a little bit, I dont think I would perform at my best. ;-) And thanks for all the great info on FEC in my other post. :)

Nice job..#9 is my favorite

Thanks Leo. I sent you a PM about #9.

Weeeell done! :thumbup:
Really!

But, of course you were nervous beforehand! Who wouldn't be!?!?!
And wow, weddings are such a BIG thing in America!

I really like the idea of the two fun shots! :lol:

Thanks Corinna! I think I like the adrenalin rush right before I take the important shots. But it is also nerve racking. It was lots of fun, mainly because it was a family wedding, and I was not pressured by the B&G.

1 & 2 don't cut it IMO...but the rest of them rock!! I love the conversion on #4 along with the soft feel you gave it. #8 & 9 have wonderful colours, almost pastel, and the overall softness lends itself to very romantic shots. well done!

Fantastic shots NJ:

My favourite is #9 with the high contrast / sharp edge. However the others are great as well.

I am a little petrified about doing a wedding coming up on September 29th. I hope my shots turn out even half as good as yours.

I would sure like to know how you made that # 9 look so sharp, it really is amazing!

Paul.

1 & 2 don't cut it IMO...but the rest of them rock!! I love the conversion on #4 along with the soft feel you gave it. #8 & 9 have wonderful colours, almost pastel, and the overall softness lends itself to very romantic shots. well done!

Thanks heip. I'm sure the paid pro had much better shots in the church than I was able to get with a 50mm and no flash during the ceremony. As for the others, thank you! Your kind words are greatly appreciated. I prefer to do outdoor shots much more anyway. :)

#4, #8 and #9 belong in their keeper pile. No questions asked. #8 should be the cover of a "When Meg married Ben" book - absolutely kicks me in the head. . .very very nice. 8 edges 9 simply because I'm not TOTALLY feeling the fence in the back, but it really doesn't take away from the teeth-kicking power of the overall image. Oh man, if they were white fences - that would be sweet.

#4, #8 and #9 belong in their keeper pile. No questions asked. #8 should be the cover of a "When Meg married Ben" book - absolutely kicks me in the head. . .very very nice. 8 edges 9 simply because I'm not TOTALLY feeling the fence in the back, but it really doesn't take away from the teeth-kicking power of the overall image. Oh man, if they were white fences - that would be sweet.

Thank you ANDS! Kicks in the head and teeth are a good thing in this case, I assume. :lol: Seriously though, thanks for your nice comments!

Fantastic shots NJ:

My favourite is #9 with the high contrast / sharp edge. However the others are great as well.

I am a little petrified about doing a wedding coming up on September 29th. I hope my shots turn out even half as good as yours.

I would sure like to know how you made that # 9 look so sharp, it really is amazing!

Paul.

Thanks Paul! Good luck with your wedding in September. I'm sure you will do fine. Just take the good advice of people here on the forum regarding equipment, backup, and general do's and don'ts. I have a lot to learn yet myself. ;-) Thanks for the compliment on #9.

They all look great, really love the soft look of 8 & 9

Most reactions

New Topics

Back