Recent wedding - ONE image

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by RMThompson, Oct 11, 2012.

1. RMThompson

RMThompson the TPF moderators rock my world!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    One image from a recent wedding:

[​IMG]

2. MLeeK

MLeeK TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It's clean and sharp. Colors are great. My personal taste would be for more intensity in the colors of the sunset to help match the flash hitting our subjects. Overall exposure is good, but there are some issues with that flash. The flash on the couple is harsh, especially compared with the fact that there is no light on the sand or anything around them. Kind of like a cut and paste. There also appears to be a slight editing halo in front of his head and near her veil/head where the water seems like it wasn't darkened with the rest of the image.
    Pose is awkward from this angle. It's making her arm huge and their heads small. A better angle would have been to have them turned more so that the bride's body was coming across his from our right side and he was flat to the camera. There would not have been the huge lens distortion to shrink their heads and enlarge the arm. Some of the flash may have been cut or less apparent as well as you wouldn't have been nearly side by side with it.
    Raising the flash UP would have also been a better choice to push the shadows down in a more natural way. We usually don't see light coming up from near to ground level and it makes the eye feel like something is wrong.

3. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    I see a tiny, but beautiful bit of rim lighting on the bride's shoulder, and the same on the groom's forehead. If the flash portion of the exposure were "pulled down", I think the sunset effect would be stronger. Her veil is also lighted by that gorgeous sunset-colored light, but the flash is making that natural light less readily apparent. This looks over-flashed to me. I bet this shot could be processed a number of different ways.

4. rub

rub TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Love the setting but my eye is drawn to her chin. Not the best positioning for her.

5. RMThompson

RMThompson the TPF moderators rock my world!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Thanks for the feedback guys, you're all correct, but I still like the image from the day! Working hard on getting better!