Recent Widelux

ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just so the film geeks don't think I've abandoned them.

Shot with Widelux F6, Arista Pro 125 film, developed in Diafine.

There is something up with my scanner; please forgive these crappy scans (noise, lines, etc...).

Horses

horses0805.jpg

Self Portrait with Maisy

selfport0805.jpg

Tree at 10th and Rhode Island

leaftree1.jpg

Yeah! Film geeks! :cheer:
But really, trying to blame your problems on the scanner...We all know Artista Pro 125 or anything developed in Diafine is going to get really bad, grainy, noisy prints. :wink:

Really cool shots though, the first one is great with the symetry of the horses leading into the frame :thumbup:

Maisy's styling with those shades on....:lol: I like the self portrait the best for some reason, although the tree shot is wonderful.

Is the Diafine responsible for that glowing light? :thumbup:

terri said:
Is the Diafine responsible for that glowing light?

You mean in the 3rd one? The streaky glow around the highlights in the tree are lens flare. The widelux lens doesn't handle really bright highlights in the image well, and the movement of the lens adds other problems. You can see that the flares stretch out in the same direction that the lens moves.

Negs developed in Diafine (2 bath, with very little agitation) are much lower contrast than similarly exposed negs in something like D-76 or ID-11 (single bath, agitation). I like to use it for the widelux film because in a 140 degree angle of view on a sunny day the contrast can be tough to deal with. The contrast can vary pretty significantly from one side of the image to the next. Diafine makes it sort of idiot-proof ;)

santino said:
what is Arista 125? some kind of FP4?

Yes, at least the stuff I have is FP4. If you order Arista film from Freestyle today I don't know what it might be, but I don't think it's Ilford.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back