Recent work

ClarkKent

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is from a wedding I did on Saturday. This was taken in the brides' Aunts home, and boy was it a beaut. I have never seen or been inside a home like this. To tell you a little bit about it...they resodded and lanscaped, and also built a huge deck just for this reception. What and awesome place. But any who here is one that I captured of the bride. Thanks for looking. C/C always welcome! :goodvibe:

Katie.jpg

Why isn't she smiling? - :/

She wanted one with out a smile..., but we did one of each. I will get the other one up soon...

I like the spot you chose for the picture, but her expression really kind of ruins it for me. She just looks so unhappy and mean in it. I bet she was just trying to go for a more "model" type of serious look, but it came out looking more harsh than she probably intended. Glad to hear that you got one of her smiling though:)

I love that you didn't cut off her dress too!

Another small thing I noticed is that she probably would look a little better if she jutted her chin out just a tad. It would get rid of that almost double chin look she has.

You should show some more!

One more of her with a little more friendly expression. And I now see what you meant but her chin. Thanks

Katie2.jpg

Here are a couple of the groom that I was able to work on a little while at work...how funny is that. :lol:

Groomsment.jpg

Hot-Rod.jpg

i like the dreamy feel to these. Very nice

Excellent work, Brandon. You are getting a lot better on wedding photography. The 1st photo without the smile disappointed my a little, but the 2nd is better. I, too, like the fact that you did not cut out any part of her dress. Maybe I can learn from you!

The images are expressive.

Even the first one.

When I was looking at the first one I couldn't help but think of how superficial weddings really are.
I'm not saying this as a criticism of these images. These images are good.

I don't really understand the logic at work behind these weddings on this level.
I've been to many weddings. Never photographed at one on a real basis. I've taken photographs at a wedding that I was already invited to but never 'officially' done a wedding.
I've been to a few of the big ones like this though.

And it really seems like there are some powerful psychological forces at work there besides just a man and a woman wanting to share their lives together.
Kind of freaky if you consider how common that mindset is.

Anyway, what's up with the extreme lightness in the facial area of the 2nd one where the bride is smiling?

Your work is very good Brandon. However, there are a few things that are bothering me here:

The images are mostly nice and sharp and full of color, but there isnt much space left on the top of most of these, so the vignette you applied spills over onto the heads and faces of the subjects. Therefore, the heads and faces look dark, and they should really be more of the focal point in the frame.

Especially the one with the bride smiling on the staircase, you can barely see any detail in her face because its covered up by vignette and also too soft with the soft focus effect.

Also, the one with the black frame, I think the frame is way too thick, and with the dark vignette inside that as well, it really distracts from the scene, which should convey a sense of brightness. However its just my opinion, and Im not an expert.

Lastly, the one with the groom next to the red car is awesome, but I think the crop may be a bit too tight on that one to be honest.

Hope this wasn't too harsh. I really do like your work in general Brandon. :)

NJ

Hope this wasn't too harsh. I really do like your work in general Brandon. :)

NJ

Absolutely not, thats what I am here for to improve. These were all cropped images...so I will definetely fix what needs to be fixed. THANX!

my .02 probably aren't worth much but I have to agree with the above poster, I can't wait to see the revamped pictures. The overall feel is dark, when it's a wedding should be the happiest, brightest day of their lives :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back