Recharging proprietary batteries in Europe!?

damian5000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hilltribez.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello...I am helping a friend to purchase the Panasonic DMC-FZ5. But, she will be returning to Europe with it (we are currently in the US). Will charging the the proprietary battery be as simple as using a 220 to 110 converter? Or is there some complication we should know about? Thanks in advance for the help...

- Damian

I had no problem charging my equipment in Europe. But all my equipment is Australian 240Volts, so it's not that far from the 220V used in Europe. I dunno if you'll encounter problems with the 110 stuff.... probably not... but wait for someone who's been there, done that.

Well if you plug in something into the european 230V outlet that's rated for 110V ONLY - then you will have something that's brown, smoking, stinking and melting.

BUT most of those chargers nowadays are rated for 110-240V (look at the power rating on the bottom of the charger) for exactly this travel purpose. If it's rated for 110-240V all you need would be a converter for the plug itself, which is really cheap (like $5 - 10).

damian5000, I've used american charger for Panasonic fz20 for half of the year in Poland - there's no problem, You only have to buy a small "transmitter" (?) in electric shop - to be able to use 110 V charger in 220 V socket. it's very cheap, but in Europe there may be problems with finding it in the shops.

Most reactions

Back