• Total voters

ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Woo hoo!!! I have arrived in the 21st century. I have my first scanner.

I've looked around for this info, but I can't seem to find it.

What is the recomended maximum file size for the monthy contest, and for posting in the photo gallery or theme threads?

i always try to keep mine under 50k each.. ideal is 30k (no wider than 600 px wide) .. but sometimes i may have a few photos to show, so it all adds up

i dont want to send people through scrolling sideways :lol: .. another thing, if they have too, u cant see the pic all at once. :?

You have your answers. I am looking forward to seeing your work.

G'wan, post 'em already. :wink:

I am excited to get a website going and post some work. I've always felt bad about critiquing other folks' stuff when mine wasn't up for critique.

I submitted a 35mm pic to the Jan contest. As soon as I have work up I'll get the link out.

I have a Lexmark X75 printer/scanner/copier/fax. It's not so hot, but I'm still happy to be able to enter the 12st century.

I've been scanning 8"x8" and 8"x10" prints from MF and LF negs all day. to be honest, the scans that I like are pretty big (200 mb + ). I have an 8x8 of my daughter at a "historical" site. There is a small sign in the image that can be read clearly from the original print with a magnifying glass. From a 1200 dpi scan it's still pretty fuzzy.

Of course, maybe I need to learn more about what I'm doing in the digital "darkroom".

dont forget to save your photos at 72 screen resolution :D

omg!!! ... you've never posted a photo here? :shock:

He sure hasn't, Dew! He's such a regular poster and a great source of info, it kind of takes a minute to realize he hasn't been able to upload anything for critique.

Don't worry, we'll be gentle, Matt...within reason. :wink:

I feel privileged that I was the first one on the forum to see one of Matt's photos.

I like to keep photos under 70k Matt. If someone submits photos for the challenge and they are over 70k then I'll usually resize them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back