Recommend a good photo album tool! Completely FREE!

Leander

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a lot of pictures, too many... I found a good tool to put them together, and now I can put some special things in it.:lol:

OMG!
I can't insert my album into this thread...:grumpy:

Please click this link to see my album, I promise there is no virus, just an album!

http://www.sothink.com/product/photo-album-maker/samples/flower/flower.swf

Ops, I forget to introduce this tool, it's Sothink Album Maker, it's FREE!
You can have a try, I hope it will help you.:sexywink:

http://www2.sothink.com/download/photo-album-maker.zip

Not a bad slideshow thingie for free. It didn't fill up my browser screen though. There was huge empty space sitting on the right doing nothing.

I use Simple Viewer and like it a lot. Don't know about the one you show there but I can host the photos at Photobucket and Simple Viewer pulls them from the Photobucket url. This way I can use a free web hosting and the photos aren't being loaded from possible restrictions of the web host. They are loaded from Photobucket instead. Here's my little gallery using Simple Viewer. I haven't updated in a long time and need to badly.

Simple Viewer loads all photos continuously while you are viewing so you can move through fairly quickly instead of loading each separately when viewed. Also, once you click on the first photo, you can use the scroll wheel to move from photo to photo. Also, you can restrict the size of the photo display, but it will aslo be resized depending on what resolution display the viewer is using. I have mine restricted down to 800 on the horizontal and 640 on the vertical because that is all the bigger I use for uploaded images anyways.

I'm not a big fan of fluff in computer programs these days. Not liking your transition effects when moving from photo to photo. Sorry, just personal opinion. When I want to view the next photo, I want to view it, not watch an animated effect moving to the next photo.

Bad point of Simple Viewer is that it is text based, so you are editing completely in text instead of some sort of graphical interface. It's not so bad though because it is quite simple. With parsing images from Photobucket, you would have to copy the image url anyways, so it's just a matter of pasting into the text file. Extra data can be added as seen on my gallery where I have a description of camera settings for most of the shots.

Just throwing up another alternative that I really like being a poor family trying to enjoy something in my limited spare time here in the photography world.

Smells like spam to me.

First post, look at my new album software.

Followed up by another member with one post... Nice work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back