Recommend a good Photoshop CS4 book

dolphinstreet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dolphinstreet.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've used Photoshop for a long time, since version 4, and I now use CS4. There's a lot of stuff that's been added to the last few versions of Photoshop, and I'm wondering if you guys have any recommendations for good CS4 books?

I am a fairly advanced Photoshop user, but I'd like to learn more about the more recent features on CS4.

I generally like Kelby's books, and I also have a Deke McClelland book which is fairly good.

Here are two that I like:

The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby

Adobe Photoshop CS4 for Photographers: A Professional Image Editor's Guide to the Creative use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC by Martin Evening

A lot of people like Scott Kelby's books & teaching methods. They seem to me, to be mostly 'tip based'....where he gives you good tips and shows you how to do certain things....but you sort of have to infer the theory behind the tips, if you really want to get a good grasp of the material.

Lucky for us, there are many, many sources to learn about Photoshop. Just Google 'Photoshop + (anything)' and you will get tones of results.
Youtube has a lot of good video tutorials. There are several Adobe sites that have good info as well. And of course, the whole Kelby empire has many sites and sources for great info.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back