Recommendation, please

Ondine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking for a speedlight with HSS and a remote trigger system that supports the HSS off camera. I'm using the Sony a77mII. I've been reading about different flashes and triggers and such, but am having a difficult time putting all the different possible pieces together that will work. Thank you!!

cherylynne1

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos OK to edit
I'm pretty sure the A77 mk2 has the new multi-interface shoe. That means that the flashes that Sony makes for it are the HVL-F20M, HVL-F32M, HVL-F43M, and HVL-F60M. It will not accept any that end in AM without an adapter.

All of these flashes can serve as a wireless controller, and all but the F20M can also be a slave. For instance, I use my F20M on the camera to control the F32M off camera, but I cannot control the F20M off camera by using the F32M on camera. If I had two F32Ms or higher, though, they could interchangeably be used as controller or slave.

I did originally purchase a third party trigger attached to a third party flash, but honestly it had so many problems I gave up and just purchased the flashes instead. It is so worth the extra money just to avoid the headache. But if that's the system you really need I can look it up. It does function, but it seems like one part was always out of sync and I could never remember which settings to use for each piece to get it right.

OP
Ondine

Ondine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thank you, Cherylynne!!

Most reactions