No longer a newbie, moving up!
- Feb 6, 2015
- Reaction score
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
I typically shoot RAW + Jpeg Fine (Nikon) - it's nice to have a backup, and occasionally I want the ability to share the Jpegs immediately. Is there any way to recreate the same Jpegs I would have seen straight out of camera using just the RAW files?
- I have heard that Nikon's applications may be able to do this (ViewNX?), but I don't have any experience using their software
- Exporting RAW files with no processing obviously isn't the answer, the resulting Jpegs are the flat unprocessed images you'd expect
- Selecting the appropriate camera profile (change "Adobe Standard" to "Camera Standard") gets closer, but is still a bit different without additional processing
- I came across this preset a few years ago (via fstoppers.com) that gets even closer, besides being a great starting point for editing many images, but is still just an approximation.