Recumbent model lighting

Granddad

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm trying to find some tips on lighting a home studio shoot with my model recumbent or semi recumbent. All google comes up with is recumbent bicycle articles and ads for fancy living room decor lamps. Does anyone have any links that might help? I can probably figure it out myself (I have done in the past) but I'd like some more ideas. Thanks in anticipation.

I've got a 12x48 strip box that I like to use for stuff like this; I tend to align it with the model's body and set it up so that the head end is closer (and thus providing more illumination) than the foot end.

Not sure why you'd need lighting that is any different from a standing or seated model... I would light it with whatever modifier(s) you normally use.

I'd like some more ideas.
As you begin to set up, pay attention to which parts of your model that you wish to emphasize, and which to minimize. Use barn doors (with edges softened) or turn your softboxes away or toward, depending on what you want.

Face and upper torso should get a bit more light, hips and thighs less, and so on. Note; these are only first suggestions, they may not be what you eventually do.

Don't need to tell your model what you're doing, just offer a few breaks so nobody gets tired of your fiddling. Do a online search of other examples so you have a starting point.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back