red and black and white :)

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was impressed by Mansi's street pictures, so I dig out my photos from the street... I tried my hand in selective colouring... guess where those were taken :p and comments welcome :D

london_087b.jpg

is it too dark?? the lower part of the photo??
london_091b.jpg

london_251c.jpg

I like #3 the most, mainly because you've kept the reflections on the lorry (I think that's what's they're called) intact... which you've also done in #2 as the lighting effects are preserved on the lane marking. However, the effect seems out of place in #1, due mainly to the intensity of the color but also the lack of any shading/highlights.

Ah, well, erm..... Mentos, I would never know!!! Would I?
Ha. And selective colouring is fun, isn't it?
I can say so now. For Artemis taught me how to do it yesterday afternoon. Now I want to use it with so many photos. So far I tested it on two more and I am going to present just ONE of them right now :D.

And I think I know what you mean, Croesus: that guard looks painted.

I really like 2 & 3. 1 is thrown off by the sheer boldness of the red I think. Maybe tone it down a bit in vibrance and make it less orangey?

#1 is cool in an odd way because the scene ends up looking really flat.
looks like a toy soldier!... especially with that unusually large light fixture - what's up with that?

StvShoop said:
#1 is cool in an odd way because the scene ends up looking really flat.
looks like a toy soldier!... especially with that unusually large light fixture - what's up with that?

nothing... he's just another Londoner :D:D:D in front on Buckingham Palace :D hehehe

thanks for your comments :D

Nice composition of picture!
And appropriate red.....The #2 is my favourite

hi, number two is my favourite, it is very subtle and seems to have a deeper meaning behind it... well done!!
To me it is saying something about the city and not being able to stop...and at the same time the emptyness of the street contradicts that! Its really cool! Needs some clever title!

clever title is the most difficult thing to do in the whole photography :D

thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back