Red and Crystal

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
The background is too distracting here I think. I desaturated the background a good bit but it's still not right. Any suggestions?

DSC01817.jpg

It's still working for me! Actually, I quite like it, despite the busy background, which is busy, I do agree. But it goes with the shape of the snow on the flower in focus. And THAT has been captured sooo well!
Plus I love the monochrome character of this otherwise clearly COLOUR photo!
Yes, I do find it quite, quite appealing as it is!

I agree with LA. It is busy but it seems to be the theme of the shot. Busy but not distracting. My eyes go where they need to go. I like the colors as well. Good shot!

I think that the background makes this picture unique. It would be a completely different picture with a more solid background. It kind of takes me there... surrounded by red and white.

DAN!!! the background isn't too distractive for me! It works beautifully here !!! Great job!!

I think I know what u mean by saying it's not right. Personally, I think maybe the shades of those bigger leafs on the subject are a bit too dark. Maybe modify them a little to a more light, reddish tone so they will be more in harmony with the tone of the whole picture? What do u think?

My pleasure, drdan. I like the background in the second pic better. Having looked at both pics the background in the first one looked too simple to be real now. If u happen to alter the tone on the big leafs pls show it to us, man. Looking forward to view it. 8)

Most reactions

Back