Red and White - Pair of tulips

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
27628709-M.jpg

http://gerrydavid.smugmug.com/photos/27628709-L.jpg
F2.8 @ 1/250, iso 100, roughly 80mm when converted to 35mm terms.
Some adjustments in photoshop, the usual highlight/shadow, curves, and healing brush.

Im considring desaturating the flowers in the background, mostly the yellow ones, they seem to grab a bit to much attention. I also wish I left a bit more room to the bottom/left but oh well.

Gorgeous colors... so much so that it is really distracting. I really think it could use less DOF, it at all possible. I would like to see more tulip and less everything else. I know it's really tough sometimes with floral shots: flowers don't always like to cooperate. :)

I agree, there isn't a whole lot of separation between the subject and the background, possibly because of the colors, but my biggest complaint is that the border tries to be too much. I think that borders serve to separate the photo from the page background, possibly title the image, but nothing else. By coloring it, you turn it into part of the photo. (Scott will tell you, I'm quite particular about my borders ;)
But anyways, yes, gorgeous colors. If you can, please go back to that place and take some more, I would love to see them.
(sorry for the rant :) I really am a nice person, it could just be the gas leak here getting to me)

I think you have a lot of colour here. Generally I like to keep it to three or less colours. Beautiful flowers, but the light is not helping. Beauties like these may be more effective when the light is softer and more directional.

Most reactions

Back