Red Barn

Sirashley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is another photo from my last vacation. I'm still a noob but I see a few technical things wrong I think, feel free to C&C and perhaps enlighten me. I shot so many photos that I have been home for 3 weeks and still working on them...LOL...

Napa-15-Solarized-1.jpg

C&C per req:
I'm afraid this image doesn't do much for me; given the title, one expects the red barn to be central, when it fact it's in a heavily shadowed background.
The picture doesn't appear to be quite straight, and the highlights on the leaves are much too strong. The red 'barn' does look like it would make an interesting subject if you could get close to it, but I'm afraid as this image sits, it's rather uninteresting.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

I appreciate the honesty. I have a very hard time judging quality photographs, even when they are not my own :) Unfortunately, with this photo, I was way too far away and it was like 1 p.m. so shadows were a nightmare... I think the technical aspects are the hardest part, they are easier to see afterward, but difficult when you are in the field. I'm still learning both...LOL... Thanks for the input.

Much unlike Tirediron, I personally quite, quite like the fact that the barn, your subject according to your title, is such a "hidden" subject, is for once not a subject that jumps out at you from the photo at very first sight.

You would not have needed to call your photo anything, actually, and then it'd be up to the viewer to decide whether they want to believe you had "an eye on the barn" or whether you much rather wanted to show the green-ness of the plants in front of it with the barn being a nice, totally differently coloured background element, or whether you were fascinated by the poles which repeat the colour of the barn over and again.

Light wasn't your best of friends here, making exposure very difficult, but you know that yourself. But a bit of tone-mapping could help here, it's not like there are totally blown parts, all looks recoverable.

Most reactions

Back