Red Poppy On Yellow

Not for me, the yellow is a bit much.
I have to agree, Charlie. I don't like the color of the background but I'm not sure what would be more complimentary. Blue maybe, beige possibly. I'm not sure. Excellent exposure, excellent detail in the bloom, I just don't like the background color.

Thanks, Scott! I had an idea of what I wanted.. and this was close! The contrast is what I like about it. This is actually a focus stack, with my macro lens.... lol! I will be shooting more! ;) Thanks for the comments!

I'd buy this if I saw it on a store and hang it in my bedroom. Hopefully it will lighten up the stink lol.

I'd buy this if I saw it on a store and hang it in my bedroom. Hopefully it will lighten up the stink lol.

They are for sale! If you would like to PM me a desired size, I would be glad to quote you a price.

I took Bitter Jeweler's advice.. and finished the image like this:

Red Poppy on Orange by CGipson Photography, on Flickr

I am taking the border color from some of the existing color in the photo... I think that makes it more compatible.

Thumbs up from me, Charlie. Pretty cool.

(If you're going to market this series, you really need to use raygunboost's unique selling proposition:
"Lighten up the stink," a winner in my book.)

Thumbs up from me, Charlie. Pretty cool.

(If you're going to market this series, you really need to use raygunboost's unique selling proposition:
"Lighten up the stink," a winner in my book.)

Thanks, Federico.. Nice of you to say so! I may have to look into that.. must have missed it! lol!

EDIT: (lol! Ok.. three posts up... I did miss it! That is funny!)

For the simplicity of the composition I like the picture. What did you use to create the background?

For the simplicity of the composition I like the picture. What did you use to create the background?

I initially shot this against some yellow background cloth I have, and underexposed it a bit to give orange. But I was getting a gradient, since the flash coverage was not perfect. So I choose a color from the original background and did a fill on the rest in photoshop. I am now shooting the backgrounds on white (at 255)... and then photoshop backgrounds into it. Just much easier to deal with. (one flash/diffuser on subject.. one bare flash on background.)

Most reactions

Back