Red Sunflower - C&C

Bo4key

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I love the colour of this sunflower and tried to come up with a different perspective of it while shooting but I liked this composition the most. I wish I had shot at a lower ISO as 800 was unnecessary and added some noise. That's what I get for not resetting my settings from the day before.

Thanks for looking

Red Sunflower by FourB Photography, on Flickr

Hmmmm 87 views.....I guess the perspective IS boring after all. Haha on to the next one.

Hmm, it's a bit "meh" for me. Did you focus and then recompse this one? It looks like the petals on the rhs are in focus but the ones on the lhs are oof and yet the leaf behind those petals is in focus. Also I find the background a bit boring and those vertical lines are distracting, though I like that you've blurred the background. The chopped off leaf in the foreground I find a bit annoying as well.

I think that for this type of shot to work you really need some dramatic lighting. Sorry mate, keep shooting.

I would have done a major crop on this. Live the color :)

Hmm, it's a bit "meh" for me. Did you focus and then recompse this one? It looks like the petals on the rhs are in focus but the ones on the lhs are oof and yet the leaf behind those petals is in focus. Also I find the background a bit boring and those vertical lines are distracting, though I like that you've blurred the background. The chopped off leaf in the foreground I find a bit annoying as well.

I think that for this type of shot to work you really need some dramatic lighting. Sorry mate, keep shooting.

That's exactly what I did. And of course I didn't notice the OOF petals while chimping. Oh well, on to the next.

I would have done a major crop on this. Live the color :)

Thanks.

I considered a square crop on this but then the greens leaves still would have been in the shot and distracting. I felt that in this composition they were less of a distraction. I even did some selective exposure control on the one below the flower to bring it down a bit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back