Red Sunset 29/7/08, Derby UK

DwainDibley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd just finished a late shift at work, and noticed the very red and beautiful sunset. I've developed a habit of taking a camera with me everywhere just in case - luckily I had my Canon PowerShot S30 which I'd bought cheaply off Ebay with me and took a few photos. Not sure if I'd chosen the right vantage point for the photo (a car park slightly below the horizon level) but love the colours!

img0117jt8.jpg

This is the view opposite the sunset, still some nice pinks/purples shaded in the clouds.

img0118kx5.jpg

The images are as they came out of the camera, any C & C welcome!

Although the sky is certainly more vibrant in the first pic, the foreground elements (parking lot and buildings) don't help the shot and I find the lamp posts jutting into the sky distracting (sorry!) The field and long grass in the second shot is more pleasing in the foreground, but of course it's lacking that beautiful sky above it (and the shot itself is kind of dark). I struggle with this same dilemma quite often, be it a sunrise or sunset shot... I can't get both elements (sky and element of interest in the foreground) together at once.

But you're right, that was one gorgeous sky!

Cheers Antartican, I had a feeling the composition was a bit out. I do like sunrise/sunset pics, though it is hard to find an original composition. I've had a go at lightening that second shot, don't know if it's any better or needs brightening more:

img0118cj0.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back