Red Wing Blackbirds in the rain

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It was miserable this morning and I only had about 10 minutes to play. The light was dismal. These are all at ISO 800 so I had to do some noise reduction on the background. I also had almost no shutter speed and I was just shooting out my window..

1 You can actually see the rain coming in sideways.

Wet red wing blackbird 1 by krisinct, on Flickr

2 This one was pretty close and I had to shoot down at a pretty sharp angle...The DOF was so thin the feet actually were out of focus.. 1/50th is really too slow for birds..

Wet red wing blackbird 2 by krisinct, on Flickr

3 I have never seen a first year blackbird, I thought the pattern on the back was pretty cool.. still only 1/50th sec..

Young red wing blackbird by krisinct, on Flickr

wow, amazing shots! Such beautiful colors & details...very nice!

I wish I could see more rain in the first one but still a nice shot. I really like #3 the best. Looks really sharp @ 1/50.

CC, great shots considering the conditions. Our RWBs haven't made it here yet, at least I haven't seen any, although our ponds are still mostly still frozen and the weather folks are forecasting about 5 to 10± cm of snow - yup, snow, over the weekend. :grumpy:

WesternGuy

Nice; I like the first and the third the best. I don't have any rwb's in my yard, but there's a ton of them at the place where I've been going to shoot Osprey--I have yet to get a really good picture of one though.

Nice shots. These are the only type of birds that I've been attacked by. Very territorial. Hitch hiking days.

Nice shots. These are the only type of birds that I've been attacked by. Very territorial. Hitch hiking days.
Watch of for blue jays when the have a nest and you get to close,full out attack mode. Been there done that.

Squirrel vs Blue Jay LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awsome like them all.

Really like the colours! Nice shots.

Most reactions

Back