Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

Taken @ Redgate Beach in the Sth West of Western Australia
Red Streak-0242.jpg
th West of Western Australia.

C&C Always welcome.

Regards

Nice image. My only comments are - if it was mine, I would have tried to lighten up the foreground a bit and, you have the horizon right in the middle of the picture. This is not usually the best place for it. In this case, I would have lowered it a bit and shown more of the incredible sky.

WesternGuy

I agree with WesternGuy, who is a pretty good landscape shooter: maybe look at a bit of lightening up of the foreground, so more detail is revealed. As to the horizon line...usually a dead-central placement of the horizon line does not work all that well. In this case, I think the sky and clouds are so strong, and the rocks so big, and interesting in appearance that this shot is one that CAN pull off a centered horizon line. But again, look at lightening up the foreground somewhat, and with that done, I think the shot will be elevated quite a bit. This shot soirt of has the look of a SOOC type exposure, one in which the exposure has not beenpost-process balanced/adjusted for the darker foreground and the brighter sky tones.

Nice image. My only comments are - if it was mine, I would have tried to lighten up the foreground a bit and, you have the horizon right in the middle of the picture. This is not usually the best place for it. In this case, I would have lowered it a bit and shown more of the incredible sky.

WesternGuy
Thanks Western Guy i will have a stab at some PP on it.
Regards

I agree with WesternGuy, who is a pretty good landscape shooter: maybe look at a bit of lightening up of the foreground, so more detail is revealed. As to the horizon line...usually a dead-central placement of the horizon line does not work all that well. In this case, I think the sky and clouds are so strong, and the rocks so big, and interesting in appearance that this shot is one that CAN pull off a centered horizon line. But again, look at lightening up the foreground somewhat, and with that done, I think the shot will be elevated quite a bit. This shot soirt of has the look of a SOOC type exposure, one in which the exposure has not beenpost-process balanced/adjusted for the darker foreground and the brighter sky tones.
Thanks Derrel much appreciated comments
Regards

Another way to lighten up the foreground is to use a graduated ND filter on your lens, if you have them. Alternatively, if you have access to Lightroom or Photoshop, you can use the Graduated filter tool in LR or a gradient in PS. Both of these can be used to lighten up the foreground. HTH.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back