Redtail and a Falcon

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Long drive around the highways today, and came up with a few shots of 2 cool birds.

DSC_3772e0324websize.jpg

DSC_3778e0325websize.jpg

DSC_3809e0326websize.jpg

DSC_3815e0327websize.jpg

DSC_3822e0328websize.jpg

DSC_3837e0331websize.jpg

DSC_3839e0332websize.jpg

DSC_3845e0334websize.jpg

DSC_3847e0335websize.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Whoa...how do you get these shots. These are amazing Ray.

Raymond,

I'll go along with Eric, looks like a female Kestrel.
#6 shows the wings are brown. On the males they are more grey like the
color on his, oops, her head. Great captures again.

I really like the angle of #1.

Bill

Very nice Ray, love the flight shots. Tell me where are you spotting these? I would love to get these kinds of opportunities. From time to time i'd spot a red tail hawk but it's very rare around my parts. I usually have to drive to whitby or north of the city.

try these guys for bird ID's.

http://www.birdforum.net/index.php?

Thanks Airic, cool site.
thanks bill, i am sure you guys are right.
thanks Joat.. I have spent a ton of time driving around learning there hangouts., just come to Hamilton, and drive along the service Roads along the Qew bettween 20 Hwy and Beamsville.. On a day like today, you will see many redtails., but.. when you get out of your car, there gone!

There are Redtails everywhere around here, and it's a blast trying to capture one!

Well... now I will say no more ...................................... I'll just sit down and cry...

Another great series, looks like you have been having some fantastic luck with the birds lately, i've really enjoyed your shots! keep it up :thumbup:

Okay Ray you are now banned! for too many good shots. Yes it is a Kestrel, which is a the smallest member of the Falcon family in North America.

Thanks again JTH!!

Canoncan said:
Okay Ray you are now banned! for too many good shots. Yes it is a Kestrel, which is a the smallest member of the Falcon family in North America.

Thanks Peter, Actually these are two seperate birds.. I can't believe the luck I had yesterday. But! I went all the way to Long Point on Sunday, and came home with nothing, so this evens things out.

I'm LOVIN' the first one the most...the light highlighting the front tips of its wings, its neck and its left flank is stellar. And the steely glare as it makes eye contact. (Shiver)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back