reduce camera shake for $1

Or you can buy a Sony and have it built in the camera. but that is a neat idea !!! I'll have 2 try it! good post!:thumbup:

very cool :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: i love the DIY stuff.

i'm gonna try this. thanks for the link :)

I'm thinking a adjustable nylon strap, like the kind you use to secure sleeping bags and backpacking stuff, some very thin rock climbing rope or just some black tie-line, and a 1/4"-20 eye-bolt. I think I can find all of that stuff in my garage.

Why is it that everytime someone posts something cool and DIY another person got to try to take a shot at it.

Thanks for the video. I'm going to make one.

They may have stated it in the wrong way, but this is something I saw someone do 25 years ago, so no, its not new... but its a good idea, becuase if it worked 25 years ago, it will DEFINATELY work now.

Nice idea for sure. Had I used this technique at a recent autoshow, I could have saved at least 10-15 pictures that were blurred and when I looked closely, saw clearly it was vertical motion blur.

Warning, you will look silly using it... lol.

An excellent idea that works very well, but as GRYPHONSLAIR pointed out its not new. Over thirty years ago I saw an even cheaper, more portable version - it did away with the expense of a weight and just had a loop in the end of the string to put your foot through. I suspect that the original idea came about long before I first saw it.

You can also improve stability by having your camera strap around your neck and looping it around your elbow to pull it tight. I believe riflemen sometimes do something similar to steady their aim.

An excellent idea that works very well, but as GRYPHONSLAIR pointed out its not new. Over thirty years ago I saw an even cheaper, more portable version - it did away with the expense of a weight and just had a loop in the end of the string to put your foot through. I suspect that the original idea came about long before I first saw it.

You can also improve stability by having your camera strap around your neck and looping it around your elbow to pull it tight. I believe riflemen sometimes do something similar to steady their aim.

25 years... than 30 year... Well I saw it 31 years aog... I WIN

Most reactions

New Topics

Back