Redwoods on Fire

fightheheathens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
haven't posted any pictures in a loooong time.
I went camping over thanksgiving in Big Basin Redwoods park. They were doing a controlled burn of the forest that the trail we were hiking through and we got to walk right up along the fire. it was pretty sweet. The first shots are unedited random pics of the forest fire.

As a disclaimer, i was borrowing a friends camera, and he took pictures with it too. I'm 85% sure these are pictures i took, but one or two of them i couldn't tell you if they are mine or my friends...we both took some shots of almost the same thing.

it was a cold morning...
i didnt take this one. im they guy in the red coat
fire.jpg

2. making sure it doesn't spread...though im not sure what one ranger is going to do for that fire with only a rake....
anotherfre.jpg

3. ray of light
smalllight.jpg

smallray.jpg

smoke in the forest
smalltree.jpg

6. the waterfall at the end of the 12 mile hike.
for an idea of the size, those trees in the photo have about a 5-8 foot diameter.
smallwaterfall.jpg

I like those where you took advantage of the smoke in the air which breaks the light so nicely. So 3, 4 and 5 are "my choice". But I also like to see YOU in one of the photos. Can't tell if you have ever posted a pic of yourself into any of our "Pic of myself"-threads before!?!?!

Its #5 for me, there is something about that little tree right in the center! Great stuff.

Defenately pic 3 and 5..well done:thumbup:

that little tree right in the center of 5 was probably 30-40 feet tall...most of the trees in these pictures were between 200 and 300 feet tall. I have some slides of the really really big redwoods in northern california that one day i will scan in. They are rather huge

Most reactions

New Topics

Back