Reflected trees

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The cold light of morning drew my attention to these two old trees, clinging on to life despite the seasonal flooding of their field.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Reflected-trees.jpg

:thumbup:

I like the colors and mood.

Sorta looks like one is hollering at the other- that's just too revealing on a personal psychological level maybe?

I can try as I might to get photos of the kind, for we have ever so many flooded meadows and old trees round here, too, but my work just never matches any of yours! :hail:

And Walter's right: one is clearly hollering, gesticulating like crazy and the other is very clearly backing off :shock: !!!

Cool find ... even cooler interpretation. Makes me like this photo even better. Either I don't have any "hollering trees" in my surroundings, or I fail to see them. But even if I did see them, I'd not be able to create a photo of this quality.

Thanks for the comments Abraxas, Dani & Corinna. You're right about the trees Abraxas - they do seem to be communicating in a one sided sort of way. This was one of those shots where getting up early counts for a lot Corinna. Are you an early bird or a night owl? :wink:. Quite a bit of post processing too.

Regards, Tony

neat shot, there is definitely a lot of character in these old trees. i love reflection shots like these... :thumbup:

It almost has a handcolor feel to it. Lovely colors, great set up, well done!

Brian

Are you an early bird or a night owl? :wink:. Quite a bit of post processing too.

More of an early bird, Tony, really, but our weather has made venturing out at the early hours of the day useless, it has looked awful for so long now, I find it hard to motivate myself to go and look for motifs at ANY time of the day at present.

And post processing is nothing to be ashamed of but part of creating the photo. So while that may be mentioned I often feel it does not even need to be mentioned. When the outcome is right then the steps towards it become fairly irrelevant (other than for learning/teaching others who would like to know how to get where you are).

Most reactions

Back