reflections: wonderful or the worst?

afoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this shot about 2 weeks back and haven't been able to decide how i feel about it. I have always been a big fan of reflections in water, however i'm wondering if in this situation is just a little to cliche? perhaps the exact mirror reflection makes this just another sunset photo?
while shooting i kept looking for something interesting to put in the foreground of the image, unfortunately i didn't have much to work with as the water was muddy and kind of gross looking :p

any comments and critiques would be appreciated!

bird_s by abbye dahl, on Flickr

Having something interesting in the FG is always a plus, but not a requirement, IMO. I like "plain old" reflections myself! That said, I would like to see just a bit mote details in the grass.

Nice shot.. but not as good as most of the work you post!

Very good work, as usual. Perhaps having a little mist rising from the pond surface may be the thing you need. But for that, you'd need to be there before sunrise.

I like it very much. I dont think the water looks muddy at all. Reflection landscapes are some of my favorite things to shoot.

Very good work, as usual. Perhaps having a little mist rising from the pond surface may be the thing you need.

hahahah if only!

thanks everyone for the comments.

cgipson1: i agree that its not one of my best images, but i can't figure out what i could have done differently to take it to the next level, any ideas?

cgipson1: i agree that its not one of my best images, but i can't figure out what i could have done differently to take it to the next level, any ideas?

Not really.. it just is not as dynamic as most of your shots.... it just seems less colorful and detailed than ususal. I suspect the lighting is the primary issue. Exposure fusion of several images might have helped.. it would have given more detail in the grass, and probably better overall color in the sky. But that is difficult to do with a long exposure like you normally do.

Most reactions

Back